Monday, November 18, 2013

Intro to the Older Chickens

I have talked a lot about my baby chicks.  Mostly because they are so cute and they are growing up in my office, so I see them a lot.  I have been remiss not to mention my other laying ladies.  I have five girls who are over five months old.  From what I've read and a farmer I've talked to, they should be laying eggs for us right now.  Unfortunately, they did not talk to that farmer and did not read those things.  We have no eggs.  I will be sure to let you know when we do.

Let me introduce you to my older bunch.

They are enjoying the warmth of their coop.  When this picture was taken, it was quite cold outside.  You can see the roosts.  The black one on the left is Betty.  She is the sweetest and most bold.  The two brown ones in the middle and the one on the far right are Easter Eggers.  They should lay blue tinted eggs (when they start laying!).  The black and white girl is a silver laced Wyandotte.  We have named her Psycho for all of her antics while in the brooder.  She has calmed down quite a bit, but has not lost her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment