Friday, October 4, 2013

Wash Line Paint Job

My husband constructed a wash line for me.  He told me I could paint it, and use any color I desired.  I love bright bold colors.  When I first bought a house, I painted my living room Barney The Purple Dinosaur purple.  When my husband moved in, we painted is orange with dark blue highlights.  It looked amazing.

The house we live in now has white walls, but I'm not ready for that project.  I have so many other projects that take priority.  (some of which you'll be reading about on here)

So I decided to pick many different pretty colors.  I painted the whole thing with a white outdoor  paint.  It looked, um...  ...well, it looked lame.  I have no pictures of the before or during, so you'll have to take my word for it.

I then used my selected colors, orange, pink, green and yellow (all which could be proceeded with the word "neon").  and painted large polka dots around the poles.  The tops I painted with slanted stripes. One top I painted with pink, and one with green.  The colors were sample indoor paints.  They were only $2.50 for a half pint.  After all that I sealed it with outdoor paint.

It looks as though Dr. Suess visited our house, and I love it!





So for $20 and 3 hours, I got a little piece of happiness every time I'm doing one of my chores.

1 comment:

  1. I can see how this would put a smile on your face while doing a "chore"! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete